At Farmingdale Dog & Cat Clinic, we care about the feral cats living in our community. We aim to protect these animals with basic veterinary services so they can live longer and healthier lives. When you bring a feral cat to our clinic, Drs. Laura Gay Senk and Stephanie Alford will perform spay/neuter procedure, administer vaccines, treat for internal and external parasites, and ear tipping.
People often complain about community cats and undesirable mating behaviors. Trap Neuter Release is a humane way for feral cat populations and people living in a community to co-exist.
TNR makes a big difference for feral cats by:
- Reducing the stress of continuous mating and pregnancy
- Eliminating mating behaviors such as roaming, spraying, fighting, and yowling.
- Improving overall health and longevity
- Vaccinating against rabies
TNR benefits the community by:
- Controlling overpopulation
- Decreasing undesirable behaviors
- Providing a humane solution
- Benefiting animal shelters
We are always here to answer any questions or concerns you may have regarding feral cats in your neighborhood and our Trap Neuter Release Program. Please do not hesitate to give us a call at 631-694-5454.